Get the Latest Growth Hacks and More Insights Delivered Each Week: Sign Up Here.
Growth Hack #1 – How to Hack AdWords for Your Startup:
During Techstars, AdHawk validated two things from their time on the AdWords team at Google:
1. Paid advertising is a lucrative channel for achieving the hockey stick growth model we all crave
2. AdWords is just as mysterious to Bob’s Bait Shop as it is for the savviest of tech entrepreneurs
Many of the startups they encountered need help starting their VERY FIRST campaign on Twitter, Facebook, and Google. So, they created this guide that they then presented to hundreds of entrepreneurs at Techstars, Galvanize, and 500Startups.
Get ready to break down some barriers, skip the learning curve, and hack Google AdWords for your startup.
Growth Hack #2 – Use Insights to Make the Front Page of Reddit:
Datastories analyzed 4 million data points to see what makes it on the front page of Reddit:
#1. 5pm – 9pm PST is the hottest upvote time.
#2. Images get much more upvotes than text posts.
#3. Very Positive or Very Negative posts perform significantly better than Neutral ones.
#4. Text posts get more comments and stay on the front page longer.
#5. These 5 Sub-Reddits completely dominate the front page of Reddit: r/funny, r/pics, r/gifs, r/TodayILearned, r/gaming
#6. Putting a number in your headline increases chances of being among the top posts.
#7. Internal self-posts LIVE SIGNIFICANTLY LONGER than external posts.
Growth Hack #3 – +240% Conversions by Optimizing Old Blog Posts:
The team from Hubspot noticed that most of their old blog posts convert into email leads very poorly.
Here is what they did (you can do the same on Google Analytics):
1. Ordered their most popular blog posts (URLs) by the conversion rate (into emails).
2. For each URL they looked through specific keywords people were using to find a post.
3. Optimized CTAs to fit the most popular keyword.
For example, for their article “How to Write a Press Release” the most popular Google keyword was “press release template“. They created a CTA “Download press release templates”.
After the change, their conversions into emails increased by 240%.
1. Select Conversions under the Objectives section of Ads Manager 2. Choose your Audience and Placements. Keep in mind that you can use Facebook targeting tools to filter this audience, and Facebook will automatically optimize to serve your ads only to those with travel intent. 3. In the Optimization for Ad Delivery section, toggle the “Prioritize delivery to people who plan to travel” button.
4. Fill in the sections for identity, format, and links. Facebook suggests using images that serve a brand-building purpose, or showcase a top deal or destination. 5. Review and submit your trip consideration Facebook ad for approval!
Optimize Your Facebook Travel Ads
Just like with any other Facebook ad format, there are a few best practices to keep in mind for trip consideration ads.
Since this is the parent category for the trip consideration Facebook ad objective, it’s important to have a solid grasp of the DAT targeting tool.
Then, consider the following for each part of a Facebook travel consideration ad:
Facebook suggests an audience size of at least 7 million. If you target too narrowly or serve to a small audience, it will likely lead to poor results.
Travel Ad Optimization
When using website conversion as a Facebook travel ad objective, optimize for search, initiate checkout, or purchase.
What to Bid
When first launching trip consideration Facebook ads, start with autobid. When CPC starts hitting or going above target, then you can start playing around with specific bid targets.
Facebook Travel Ad Campaign Duration
Set your Facebook travel consideration ads to “always-on”. This will allow you to reach new audiences from the moment they express an interest in travel.
Analyzing and Evaluating Results
Measure the success of your Facebook travel ads strategy by looking at the impact made on the targeted event. For example, if you’re targeting search events, evaluate based on total volume of searches and cost per search.
Trip consideration Facebook ads can be displayed as carousel, static image, single video, or collection. The best way to optimize is to test different creative formats, and see which performs best for your travel ad objective.
If you’re in the travel or hospitality industry, trip consideration ads should be a part of your Facebook ads strategy.
They can be easily integrated into your existing Facebook dynamic ad campaign.
Or, they can be effective all on their own.
With trip consideration Facebook ads, you can boost conversions, enhance engagement, and drive sales.
Consult with an experienced Facebook advertising agency to discuss the best options for your business and how to optimize your travel ad strategy.
The fastest way to end up blacklisted is to send unwanted sales pitches to people who didn’t even sign up for them in the first place.
Incorporating these four strategies will deliver the results you want instead of landing you in spam boxes:
1. Welcome emails: this content explains to new clients what it is that you do/can provide.
2. Drip and newsletter campaigns: these messages should stay true to the welcome email, providing valuable and relevant information to your audience.
3. Sharing is NOT caring: Avoid sharing or farming your list to brands that have nothing to do with your services; this can alienate users.
4. Maintain quality: Monitor your email content with tools like http://mail-tester.com to avoid being sent to spam