Taktical Growth Hacks – #114
February 5, 2019
Get the latest Taktical tips and tricks, plus more insights delivered each week: Sign Up Here.
Growth Hack #1 – Part II to the Pinterest Experiments:
In last week’s issue, we discussed how Pinterest earned 50% more sign-ups with one, simple experiment. Crazy! Well, there’s more…
Another experiment helped them figure out how to activate those new users:
– First they created an email flow to help understand how the service worked.
Result: more people unsubscribed than installed their app. Fail.
– Then they started to send emails with relevant content, matching with the reasons why people joined Pinterest in the first place.
This experiment worked much better and increased activation. Success.
Growth Hack # 2 – How to Overcome a 75% Bounce Rate:
In 2009, over 75% of Twitter’s users weren’t coming back. So, they brainstormed a 4-step process for better retention.
1. The team separated out the engaged users from those who dropped off.
2. Then they studied: Of those people who stay, what’s different about them?
3. They discovered patterns that indicated if you follow at least 30 people, you’re likely to remain engaged.
4. So they redesigned the product to help everyone get to this number faster.
Growth Hack #3 – $25K in Revenue From Blog Comments:
Neil Patel ran an interesting experiment. For 1 month, he commented on different blogs.
Here are his findings:
1. Short 1 to 4 word comments generated 3.2 visitors per comment.
2. Long 4 to 17-sentence comments drove 17.4 visitors per comment (5x more).
3. Mainstream, broad blogs drove visitors but no conversions.
4. When his comment was higher on the page it drove more traffic.
5. Only comments on guest posts he wrote generated real leads. He generated 7 leads, which resulted in $25,000 in revenue.
Sign Up for Even More Tips and Tricks to Help Increase Sales
January 29, 2021
10 Tips to Improve ROI in Google Shopping Ads as Shared by Industry Experts
January 15, 2021
A Marketer’s Guide to iOS 14: Taktical’s Analysis of Problems and Solutions
December 31, 2020
10 Instagram Hacks You Should Know About Going Into 2021
August 23, 2022
Taktical Digital Announces Acquisition Of KonvertLab
August 22, 2022
Taktical Growth Hacks #269
August 15, 2022
Growth Hacks #268
August 9, 2022
How to Dropship on Shopify
August 9, 2022
Growth Hacks #267
August 2, 2022
Taktical Growth Hacks #266
August 1, 2022
Taktical Growth Hacks #265
July 25, 2022
Chatbots: How Machine Learning Will Improve Customer Experience
July 20, 2022
Taktical Growth Hacks #264
July 11, 2022
Taktical Growth Hacks #263
SUBSCRIBE TO GET OUR
LATEST GROWTH HACKS
ready to get your project started?
Get in touch with Taktical Digital today to learn how we can help you like we helped them.LET’s CHAT