Get the latest Taktical Growth Hacks, plus more insights delivered to your inbox each week: Sign Up Here.
Growth Hack #1
– A Quick Trick for 2X More Headline Clicks:
We gathered some intel on what makes a great headline. Here’s what we found:
– Headlines with numbers are 2x more likely to generate clicks vs. “how to” headlines, according to research by Conductor.
– And a study of 150 000 headlines revealed that odd-numbered headlines have a 20% better CTR than headlines with even numbers.
– In an analysis of over 3 million headlines, Outbrain found using [brackets] in a headline bumped up CTR by 38%.
Growth Hack #2
– How a $1 Product Generated $240M in Revenue:
You know the Dollar Shave Club. Before they were acquired for $1B in 2016, they generated $240M/year in revenue.
How is it possible to generate this amount of revenue with just a $1 product? With the power of UPSELLS.
1. “$1-dollar razor”. Think about it: This is a compelling, disruptive statement to attract attention.
2. When you went to their site, you could see 3 options to choose from: $1/month, $6/month and $9/month. Important: Additional products are included in the higher plans.
3. 73% of their sales were coming from their $6 and $9 models.
If you don’t believe us, McDonald’s does the same thing with their $1-menu cheeseburger: They offer, additionally, the fries and soda at a $1.14 margin.
In the end, 86% of the profit is made from fries and soda.
Growth Hack #3
– Let Others Sing Your Praises:
Show, don’t tell. If people love your product, use their quotes and words to advocate, rather than superlatives that describe your product.
Here’s an example of two ways to write a testimonial:
” ‘The Snack’ app is the latest and best way to get growth snacks on the go. Our users learn so much.”
“@TwitterUser1234 – ‘I love “The Snack” app. I’ve learned so many new cool ways of growing my startup – it’s super helpful!’ “
Clearly, the one that uses a customer quote is more convincing.
Embed positive tweets/social posts about experiences with your product, share short testimonials, app store reviews, etc.
Sign Up for Even More Tips and Tricks to Help Increase Sales