Get the Latest Growth Hacks and More Insights Delivered Each Week: Sign Up Here.
Growth Hack #1 – Get 5x Click Thru Rates By Using Better Headlines:
You can earn 5 times more traffic from Google with just a simple headline update.
Here’s what you need to do:
1. In Webmaster Tools, log into your website.
2. Go to “Search Traffic” -> “Search Analytics”
3. Choose “Queries”, then tick off: Clicks, Impressions, CTR, Position
4. Press “Download”.
5. Open in Excel then select the “CTR” and “position” columns and insert an X vs. Y plot.
6. Right click on the chart area and choose “add trendline” (select an exponential trend line).
7. The resulting graph should look like this.
8. Now take a look at the keywords at the bottom-left of your curve (high position, low CTR), and Google these.
9. Go to Google Analytics and find conversion rates for each link you came across in your search.
10. Start creating and optimizing headlines for these links with the highest conversion rates.
Growth Hack #2 – Increase Content Sharing by 25X With Targeted Promotion:
Multiple experts (Neil Patel, Moz, etc.) say that super long-form content (over 3,000 words) is shared about 2 times more often.
In order to boost shares by 15-25 times, you need to promote your content to the right group of people that love to share.
Here’s how to find them:
1. Write down links to content similar to yours.
2. Go to Twitter and search each link.
3. Switch to the “Live” tab to reveal the people who love to share precisely your type of content.
4. Hit reply near each tweet to make your intro.
Growth Hack #3 – Make Your Facebook Go Viral With These Most & Least Shareable Words:
Here’s what Dan Zarrella from HubSpot found after analyzing 12,000 articles on Facebook for the words that most affect shareability:
Top 7 most shareable words:
1. Facebook: +125%
2. Why: +117%
3. Most: +100%
4. World: +95%
5. How: +60%
6. Health: +50%
7. Bill: +45%
Top 7 least shareable words:
1. vs: -43%
2. Apps: -37%
3. Review: – 31%
4. Down: -22%
5. Poll: -18%
6. Game: -13%
7. York: -12%
In Depth Articles:
50 Survey Questions To Better Learn About Your Customers
How HubSpot Ranked a Competitive Product Page in 3 Months (for a Product That Didn’t Exist Yet)