Taktical Growth Hacks – #77
April 10, 2018
Get the Latest Growth Hacks and More Insights Delivered Each Week: Sign Up Here.
Growth Hack #1 – Reconsider Your Instagram Hashtag Strategy to Boost Engagement:
Mention.com looked at 115 million Instagram posts.
They found that – on average – the more hashtags someone used, the less engagement they got.
This could mean that:
– Quality, engaging content is more important than a bunch of irrelevant hashtags
– The most popular influencers are onto something, because they use hashtags differently than the average user, and they still get high levels of engagement.
– The average could be hurt by poor posts that use hashtags
– Engagement isn’t too affected by hashtags. They could help users find your content faster, but it doesn’t mean they’ll enjoy it.
It’s important to also note that the data could be correlated, rather than causated. E.g., people that use a ton of hashtags don’t get much interaction, anyway!
Here’s a tip: Instead of hashtagging everything, think about directly tagging users. This will actually increase the engagement on your post.
Growth Hack #2 – Get More Organic Traffic by Keeping Your Content Fresh:
Continuously update and rework old content to keep it from losing traffic.
1. Go to Google Analytics and select a window of time – this could be anywhere from the last week to the last month. Compare this to the same date range last year, being sure that the dates line up.
2. Access Landing Pages by going to Behavior –> Site Content.
3. Add a second dimension: “Default Channel Grouping”.
4. Narrow it down by setting up an advanced filter to only look for “organic search”.
5. Select all rows by adjusting the numbers at the bottom of the page.
6. Select “show rows,” and export the following data to CSV.
By following these simple steps, you can boost your content’s organic traffic, regardless of its age.
Growth Hack #3 – Increase Your Twitter Following By at Least 25% With These Easy Steps:
By following 100 of the right Twitter influencers every other day, studies have shown that about a quarter of the people you follow will return the favor. This means you’ll see a steady boost in both followers and engagement.
Here’s how to find your next followers:
1. Log in to Buzzsumo and select “Twitter Influencers”
2. Search your target term
3. Make a list of all the resulting handles
4. Visit “Twitter’s Advanced Search” and insert the handles into the field (Clarify ‘people’–’mentioning these accounts’ OR ‘to those accounts’)
5. Search to find everyone who loves to share similar information
In Depth Article:
Sign Up for Even More Tips and Tricks to Help Increase Sales
January 29, 2021
10 Tips to Improve ROI in Google Shopping Ads as Shared by Industry Experts
January 15, 2021
A Marketer’s Guide to iOS 14: Taktical’s Analysis of Problems and Solutions
December 31, 2020
10 Instagram Hacks You Should Know About Going Into 2021
August 23, 2022
Taktical Digital Announces Acquisition Of KonvertLab
August 22, 2022
Taktical Growth Hacks #269
August 15, 2022
Growth Hacks #268
August 9, 2022
How to Dropship on Shopify
August 9, 2022
Growth Hacks #267
August 2, 2022
Taktical Growth Hacks #266
August 1, 2022
Taktical Growth Hacks #265
July 25, 2022
Chatbots: How Machine Learning Will Improve Customer Experience
July 20, 2022
Taktical Growth Hacks #264
July 11, 2022
Taktical Growth Hacks #263
SUBSCRIBE TO GET OUR
LATEST GROWTH HACKS
ready to get your project started?
Get in touch with Taktical Digital today to learn how we can help you like we helped them.LET’s CHAT