Get the latest Taktical Growth Hacks, plus more insights delivered to your inbox each week: Sign Up Here.
Growth Hack #1 – Four Important Takeaways from 3,000 Facebook Videos:
BuzzSumo analyzed the TOP 3,000 most engaging videos on Facebook.
Here‘s what they found:
1. Heavy video interaction does not depend solely on audience size.
2. TOP 3 calls to action:
– “like our page for more”
– “get the full recipe”
– “like, share, and comment”
3. Storytelling (Setting + Characters + Conflict + Resolution) is an important element of Facebook videos that people share, like, and comment on.
4. TOP 5 most engaging topics:
Growth Hack #2 – Earn 258% More Backlinks With the Right Image:
Neil Patel decided to analyze the types of images he uses in his blog posts that generate the biggest number of backlinks.
Here are the images that he compared:
1. Stock photography
3. Hand-drawn images
4. Graphs and charts
6. Royalty free images
7. Animated graphics
#4. Graphs and charts received 258% more backlinks than blog posts with other types of images.
Because data and facts are the most valuable.
And while infographics also have data, graphs and charts are usually smaller and more focused.
Growth Hack #3 – How Pinterest Increased Conversions +50% With Just One Quick Experiment:
When you are as huge as Pinterest, you’re pretty happy when your next A/B test shows a 0.1% improvement.
Imagine how happy their growth team was when they saw a 50% increase in conversions.
So here’s how they managed to do that:
1. They stopped the user from scrolling after a while (the default action of a Pinterest grid is people scrolling).
2. Instead, they pulled up a little banner that said, ‘Sign up to see more of this content.’
This experiment alone improved their conversion rate 50%.