Taktical Growth Hacks #258
June 13, 2022
Get the latest Taktical tips and tricks, plus more insights delivered each week: Sign up here.
Growth Hack #1 Optimize, adapt, overcome.
Pinterest achieved significant improvements in SEO traffic and in signup conversions, here’s how they did it.
Huge players like Pinterest optimize almost everything. And it’s OK if new tests can bring even 0.0001% improvement. It’s impossible to expect more. Right?
Here are the results of a test that Pinterest ran in 2016:
1. A 15% increase in SEO traffic.
2. A 15% increase in conversion rate to signup.
They rebuilt their pages for performance, decreasing Pinner wait time by 40%.
Here’s how they achieved this (this list is for your CTO):
1. In the past, they fetched the CSS/JS for the entire site.
Now – they only fetched for content above the fold, followed by lazy loading afterward.
2. Migrated to React from a homegrown framework.
3. Introduced multiple layers of caching in their CDN setup, enabled IPv6, switched to higher tiers of service (CDN) and introduced SSL edge termination (DSA) globally.
4. Automated the optimal parallelization of API data fetches.
5. Eliminated unnecessary fetches.
Growth Hack #2 Reduce Facebook ad cost instantly.
[Secret ninja hack 🥷]
A while back we shared a hack that Facebook ads with social proof (“likes”) get 64% lower cost per engagement.
Here’s how to get social proof (likes) for free and instantly:
1. First you need to go to https://www.facebook.com/
2. Choose “Artist, Band or Public Figure“.
3. Choose any category, input any name and surname that looks real, and hit “Get started.”
4. Repeat bullets 1-3 approximately 10-20 times.
6. Choose your campaign, then – your ad set.
7. Check your specific ad and hit “Preview“.
8. Click an icon and choose “Facebook Post with Comments”, as shown on this image:
9. Below your FB ad hit the arrow-down icon and choose one of your FB pages that look like the names of real people.
10. Hit “Like“.
11. Repeat bullets 9 and 10 with all your FB pages.
Boom. Your newly created FB ad has a bunch of likes from the start ;).
Source: Team TTL
Growth Hack #3 Optimize your snippet box
An optimized Google featured snippet shows an increase in CTR of over 114%, even if you are ranking #1 on page one.
Matthew Barby recently analyzed patterns of results appearing in Google’s featured snippets. He saw an average increase in CTR of over 114%, and that’s even if they were already ranking #1 on page one.
Here are his findings:
1. The query should be either, “how to,” “what is,” “how do,” or “how does.”
2. It doesn’t matter whether your page takes 1 or 10th position (not further than10th).
3. The search query should be in h1, h2, h3 or h4, etc.
4. The answer to the query should be placed in a
tag directly below the header.
5. The answer should be between 54–58 words long.
January 29, 2021
10 Tips to Improve ROI in Google Shopping Ads as Shared by Industry Experts
January 15, 2021
A Marketer’s Guide to iOS 14: Taktical’s Analysis of Problems and Solutions
December 31, 2020
10 Instagram Hacks You Should Know About Going Into 2021
August 23, 2022
Taktical Digital Announces Acquisition Of KonvertLab
August 22, 2022
Taktical Growth Hacks #269
August 15, 2022
Growth Hacks #268
August 9, 2022
How to Dropship on Shopify
August 9, 2022
Growth Hacks #267
August 2, 2022
Taktical Growth Hacks #266
August 1, 2022
Taktical Growth Hacks #265
July 25, 2022
Chatbots: How Machine Learning Will Improve Customer Experience
July 20, 2022
Taktical Growth Hacks #264
July 11, 2022
Taktical Growth Hacks #263
SUBSCRIBE TO GET OUR
LATEST GROWTH HACKS
ready to get your project started?
Get in touch with Taktical Digital today to learn how we can help you like we helped them.LET’s CHAT