Get the latest Taktical tips and tricks, plus more insights delivered each week: Sign Up Here.
Growth Hack #1 – The Magic Word to Use in Headlines for +110% Conversions:
Paul Olyslager ran a few A/B tests on headline copywriting. He uncovered one word that boosted his conversions by up to +110%.
First he A/B tested a headline for a list of books:
Original: Recommended books
– Variation 1: My book collection (-43%)
– Variation 2: Most popular books (-19.1%)
– Variation 3: Favorite UX books (-7%)
– Variation 4: Popular UX books (+7.8%)
Then he A/B tested a headline for a list of articles:
Original: Trending stories
– Variation 1: Most popular articles (-27.7%)
– Variation 2: Popular this month (-11.4%)
– Variation 3: Most popular stories (+5.5%)
– Variation 4: Popular articles (+110.6%)
Looks like word “popular” (without “most”) has some magic.
Growth Hack # 2 – Reduce Bounce Rate 40% By Boosting Mobile Web Speed 3X:
Some quick facts that contribute to your site’s bounce rate:
1. About 40% of people will abandon a web page that takes more than 3 seconds to load.
2. 71% of the time people spend online in the US is on mobile devices (91% in Indonesia).
It means: If your mobile webpage loads too slow, you lose 28.4% – 36.4% of people. They don‘t even see your page, and therefore don‘t buy from you.
Also when so many people bounce, Google decreases your rank in search results. As a result, you lose even more.
How can you boost the speed of your mobile website? Google has an open-source initiative that cuts down mobile webpage load time by up to 3X. The initiative is called the AMP Project.
Tell your developers about it.
Growth Hack #3 – You’re Losing 18% of Sales!:
A study reveals that 18% of users have abandoned a checkout flow during the last 3 months. The reason? They “didn’t trust the site with their credit card information”.
Adding a “security” badge to your site may help alleviate that concern.
Above are a few of the best options available for badges, which can inform your decision on which payment security software to pursue.