Increase Form Fill Outs by 31% With Psychology:
Truckers Report was able to increase their signups by putting “drop down” and checkbox form units at the top. By the time people got to the part where they have to give their name and email, they were already too deep to stop!
People start with easy fields (dropdowns, checkboxes) so that by the time they reach the hard field—email—the user thinks, “oh well I already started” (a known psychological phenomenon called “commitment and consistency” by Cialdini).
Get People to Watch More of Your YouTube Videos:
Here are instructions on how one guy increased his YouTube annotation CTR by 22,400% (from 0.2% to 45%) that resulted in millions of views.
1. Visit your 28-day analytics views report.
2. Find the most popular video.
3. Go to the Audience Retention tab of your analytics dashboard. Select that video.
4. Find the drop-off point (when you start losing views at an increasingly faster rate).
5. Add an annotation for your video 20 seconds before the drop-off point.
6. Make the annotation as large as you can without taking away from the main content.
7. Position the annotation on the lower right (~40% more clicks).
8. Write a 1-2 word CTA highly related to the current video.
Speed Up Your Website!
57% of mobile users will abandon your website if it takes more than 3 seconds to load.
Google will rank your website lower if it is too slow.
Use Google’s PageSpeed Insights and GTMetrix to learn what is slowing you down!