Get the Latest Growth Hacks and More Insights Delivered Each Week: Sign Up Here.
Growth Hack #1 – Give People a Sample of Your Email Content:
At the bottom of your email subscribe pop-up, provide a link to “read a sample”.
This way, people can see if they like your content before opting in.
People respond better when they can “try before they buy”, whether that’s spending real money or just giving out their email for free.
Growth Hack #2 – Be a Master of Ecommerce Returns:
The best way to master your returns policy is by arming yourself with the most pertinent e-commerce returns facts. The statistics below may come as a surprise. But the numbers certainly tell the whole story.
– Over 63% of consumers read the online product returns policy before making a purchase (comScore).
– 81% of consumers want a convenient returns policy that is hassle-free with no return shipping cost (UPS).
– About one-third of all products ordered online are returned by consumers (WSJ).
– When free returns are offered, sales can increase by as much as 357% (CNBC).
– When return shipping fees are charged, 81% of consumers are less likely to make a future purchase (Upstream Commerce).
– Zappos gets 75% improved customer loyalty, repeat buyers, from free returns, even though they charge more for their products (eCommerce Digest).
Growth Hack #3 – The Best Time to Tweet in Each Time Zone:
During a 4 year period, Buffer analyzed over 4.8 million tweets across 10,000 profiles to find the best time to tweet to gain the biggest amount of click-throughs.
Here are results for different time zones:
Los Angeles (Pacific Time): 2:00 a.m.
Denver (Mountain Time): 7:00 p.m.
Chicago (Central Time): 2:00 a.m.
New York (Eastern Time): 11:00 p.m.
Paris (Central European): 2:00 a.m.
Istanbul (Eastern European): 8:00 p.m.
Sydney (Australian Eastern): 2:00 a.m.
Hong Kong (Hong Kong Time): 5:00 a.m.
Shanghai (China Time): noon
Tokyo (Japan Time): 8:00 a.m.
Global (on average): 2:00 a.m.
In Depth Articles: