If you want to make the most of your Facebook ads, then setting up a Facebook Pixel is essential. A pixel helps businesses better understand their audience based on the activities they participate in on Facebook. Specifically, this analytical tool can be used for the following:
- Find new people who will be interested in your business
- Drive sales by reaching the right audience
- Provide accurate reports about how your ad performed
While a Facebook Pixel is an incredible tool, it’s not always easy to tell if it’s working correctly, which is why the Facebook Pixel Helper, a Google Chrome extension was invented. Whether you’re just beginning to try Facebook Pixels, or you’re a marketing expert, you can benefit from using a Facebook Pixel Helper.
What is a Facebook Pixel Helper?
The Facebook Pixel Helper is a troubleshooting tool that will tell you if your pixel implementation is working properly. It then counts the number of pixel events, which include successes, errors and warnings. The Helper will then suggest ways of making the performance of your Facebook ads better.
Steps to Install the Facebook Pixel Helper Chrome Extension
Installing the Facebook Pixel Helper couldn’t be easier. Here are the steps to install this tool successfully.
- Download Google Chrome
- Visit the Google Chrome Store
- Type in “Facebook Pixel Helper” where it says search
- Press “Add to Chrome”
- Press “Add Extension”
- Check that the Pixel Helper icon is now located in your address bar. It will have a “</>” symbol.
Is the Facebook Pixel Working?
When the Pixel Helper icon is blue, this means that your Facebook Pixel is showing on that page. If your Facebook Pixel Helper is not blue, then you will need to set up your Facebook pixel and place the code on your website.
Common Notifications from the Facebook Pixel Chrome Extension
- No Pixel Found: The Helper can’t find any code supporting a pixel. Verify that your Pixel ID on Facebook is correct and that the code is embedded onto your webpage.
- Invalid Pixel ID: Go back to your Facebook Ad and make sure the Pixel ID matches the one you have embedded on your website.
- Not Standard Event: This means that the Pixel Helper does not recognize the event you are choosing to monitor on your webpage. If you created an event on purpose that is not recognized, then you can ignore this message, but it is recommended for feedback purposes that you use standard events, like “Purchase” and “Subscribe.”
- Pixel Could Not Load: This likely means that your pixel code was embedded incorrectly. Try rewriting the code.
- Duplicate Pixels Found: Try to stick to one pixel per page as it increases the accuracy of reporting on an advertisement.
- Pixel Activated Multiple Times: This means that the code for your pixel has been embedded in multiple places on a single webpage. You should delete these codes except for one to prevent confusion.
Now that you know how to use the Facebook Pixel Helper Chrome Extension, you can have peace of mind knowing that your Facebook Pixel has been implemented correctly. However, you’re not done! You will soon receive lots of data and insight into how your ads are performing and what you can do to make them better. All of this can be overwhelming if you’re new to Facebook ads, which is why many seek out the support of a digital marketing agency.
January 29, 2021
10 Tips to Improve ROI in Google Shopping Ads as Shared by Industry Experts
The year is 2021, and Google Shopping ads is a platform that has been the cornerstone to success...
January 15, 2021
A Marketer’s Guide to iOS 14: Taktical’s Analysis of Problems and Solutions
When a giant like Apple makes moves, it affects everyone working in the digital space. For better or...
December 31, 2020
10 Instagram Hacks You Should Know About Going Into 2021
With more than a billion users, Instagram has grown into a social media platform that marketers can’t ignore....
December 20, 2021
Using Instagram as a Shopping Platform
Using Instagram as a Shopping Platform If you are in eCommerce, you can’t afford to ignore Instagram marketing....
December 17, 2021
4 Reasons Why Reddit is the Best Place to Advertise
4 Reasons Why Reddit is the Best Place to Advertise If you’re looking for an alternative to Facebook...
December 7, 2021
LinkedIn Ads Best Practices
LinkedIn Ads Best Practices We all know social media can do a lot to help you achieve your...
December 4, 2021
The 10 Best Apps for Marketers
Small and large businesses alike have embraced digital marketing as one of their most important aspects. In addition...
December 2, 2021
Why Advertising on Snapchat is a Good Idea
Why Advertising on Snapchat is a Good Idea When you think about which social media apps to advertise...
August 30, 2021
How B2B Guest Access Is Redefining The B2B Consumer Goods Business
Business-to-business (B2B) vendors often have to refine everything in their businesses, so that they can continue serving their...
August 17, 2021
20-Step Google Analytics Audit: A Guide To Optimal Performance
Google Analytics is something we spend hours exploring and learning from (weird, right?). It’s the best way...
August 17, 2021
The Top 20 Best Facebook Advertising Agencies in NYC
There are a lot of great businesses who just can’t take on the constant focus require to master...
August 17, 2021
Extremely Clickable Call To Action Examples & Phrases
Every time you put an ad in front of a potential customer, you want them to do something....
August 17, 2021
The Ultimate Guide to Instagram Ads in 2021
There’s a lot of places you can spend your paid social budget. One of those places should be...